Welcome to Chile
So extraordinary in so many ways, Chile is a fabulous destination for travellers.
Chile's unique geography, squeezed between the Andes and the Pacific for more than 4,000 km yet little more than a hundred kilometres wide for much of that length, creates an extraordinary world.
- Atacama and the North Dramatic desert landscapes that offer exciting travel opportunities, spectacular walking and trekking, and a real sense of escape.
- Santiago and Central Chile The heart of Chile: bustling Santiago, colourful Valparaíso and some great vineyards.
- Lakes and Fjords From Chile's fabulous Lake District and mystical Chiloé Island down to the remote ice-fields of Aysén reached only by expedition cruise ships or by one road - the iconic Carretera Austral.
- The Far South Dramatic landscapes at the end of the world. Torres del Paine, Tierra del Fuego and Cape Horn.
- Easter Island One of the world's most inspirational places.
- Tailor-made touring Our knowledgeable specialists for Chile can work with you to design a trip to suit you best. The right itinerary, the right balance of activity and rest, and the hotels you'll most enjoy.
- Small group journeys Join a convivial small group to see the best of Chile in the company of an experienced local guide.
- Selfdrive Chile Chile has some great options for confident drivers.
- Active Chile Walking, trekking and multi-activity in one of the best countries in the world for getting out into the wild.
- Natural Chile Nature, local cultures, wildlife and bird watching.
- Fjord and lake cruises Spectacular cruising experiences in sheltered channels and fjords - and even lake-hopping across the Andes into Argentina.
- Antarctica and the South Atlantic The ultimate experience.
Planning your trip
- Flights There are several ways to fly to Chile from the UK. By far the easiest is British Airways' direct service from London. All our tailor-made holidays can be arranged to fit BA's schedule and the dates of our small group 'Chile Odyssey' are chosen to work with BA flights. We also offer all the other airlines who fly to Chile.
- When to visit Chile Chile's extreme length produces a wide variety of climates. A rule of thumb is that northern and central Chile can be visited at any time of year, while the Lake District and Patagonia are best between October and April.
- Guides, tours and travel Explore the options for travelling in Chile. Travel with a private guide, join some local guided tours, hire a car and drive yourself, hop on a long-distance bus or take a domestic flight.
- Multi-country trips Chile has more than enough to offer for several trips, but there are some great opportunities to travel beyond Chile into Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil or Peru.
Start planning your trip to Chile
Let us know what kind of trip to Chile you are most interested in, and when you are thinking of travelling.
Our travel experts know Chile extremely well, and will be delighted to offer some initial ideas and advice, and to develop a more detailed design for your holiday as your ideas evolve.
You can call us to discuss your plans on 020 7281 7788 ( Mon-Fri 9:15-5:45). Or we'd be happy to call you back.
Our brochure for Chile and Easter Island is packed with ideas and information to help you plan your trip.