Welcome to Bolivia
Bolivia lies in the heart of South America, situated among isolated Andean peaks and the steamy headwaters of the Amazon. It is a country that offers breath-taking landscapes, outstanding natural beauty and a fascinating cultural blend.
The Bolivia highlights include:
- the rugged south-west with its Salar de Uyuni, the largest salt lake in the world, plus colourful lagoons and snow-capped volcanoes
- the magical Lake Titicaca, a place sacred for the Inca civilisation
- Potosí and Cerro Rico - the once-thriving silver mining capital of Bolivia
- the highest national capital in the world, La Paz. (La Paz is Bolivia's government capital)
- The town of Sucre, a UNESCO World Heritage site (Sucre is Bolivia's democratic Capital)
- The diversity of Bolivia's nature in its Amazon rainforest and Pantanal wetlands: pink dolphins, alligators, piranhas, sloths, jaguars, the endemic Paraba barba azul and turtles.
- Bolivia's land-locked isolation has helped preserve much of its ancient beliefs, traditions and biodiversity that give visitors a vibrant sense of how a world long-forgotten elsewhere can exist side-by-side with the modern urban landscape of business suits and wireless internet.
- The isolated location and challenging geography can make Bolivia expensive to reach, but, once there, your money will go further, with incredible meals and vibrant nights out available at a fraction of their cost back home.
Start planning your trip to Bolivia
Let us know what kind of trip to Bolivia you are most interested in, and when you are thinking of travelling.
Our travel experts know Bolivia exceptionally well, and will be delighted to offer some initial ideas and advice, and to develop a more detailed design for your holiday as your ideas evolve.
Call us on 020 7281 7788 ( Mon-Fri 9:15-5:45). Or we'd be happy to call you back.
Our brochure for Peru is packed with ideas and information to help you plan your trip.