You are here: Home » Planning your trip » 'Know before you go' - Foreign Office travel advice
‘Know Before You Go’ is an ongoing campaign with around 300 travel industry partners to help Brits to stay safe and healthy abroad.
The campaign was launched by the Foreign Office in 2001 to promote these key messages:
- get adequate travel insurance
- check the FCO’s country travel advice
- research your destination – know the local laws and customs
- visit your GP as soon as possible before travelling
- check your passport is in good condition and valid and you have all necessary visas
- make copies of important travel documents and/or store them online using a secure data storage site
- tell someone where you are going and leave emergency contact details with them
- take enough money and have access to emergency funds
Every year thousands of British travellers seriously regret not taking these simple steps.
Geodyssey supports the 'Know Before You Go' Campaign
In association with the ‘Know Before You Go’ Campaign, we are working with the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) to do all that we can to help British travellers stay safe overseas.
Before you go overseas, check out the FCO website at:
It is packed with essential travel advice and tips, and up-to-date country information.
Order a brochure
Order your copy of our in-depth brochures, packed with inspiration and information:
Contact our specialists
Geodyssey brings you an exclusive selection of thoughtfully designed holidays in amazing locations throughout our destinations in Latin America and the Caribbean. Our holidays focus on what is natural, authentic, comfortable, stylish and affordable, and on what works best in each country. Our tailor-made holidays are individually designed by our experienced team on the basis of in-depth knowledge, a real enthusiasm for our destinations, and a desire to make sure we get it right for each and every customer. All our customers have 100% financial protection. All the land-based holidays on this website are exclusive to Geodyssey. Geodyssey is an independent company managed by its owners, based in London, founded in 1993.